Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Latest lap rug.



 edging
Here it is at last, the latest lap rug for my Grand daughter.. I was reading a blog from Dorothy at Hooks'n'Grannies how good it feels to complete a project. It feels wonderful :)) Now to continue with the next, what it will be I am not sure .. I would like to crochet another rug but it will have to be an easy quick ...  I have made a couple more Orchids, and more face washers for Christmas, but I need something to put my teeth into ... There is a box of hexagons I could join ,  a table runner to complete,  baby shawl, jackets..........so it goes on..


corner st rug
The multicoloured travel rug was made when Hubby and I started out on our trip of a life time.. Around Aus... I get goose bumps thinking about it.. Who would have thought the car battery would be flat and had to be towed off the ferry in Melbourne with the caravan in tow.. So embarrassing............................The trip is one that will stay with us forever..... So many wonderful people and friends were made, and so was this rug.. I started it in Melbourne with the grey and pink for the Parrots, along  the Murray River,Opal fields of Coober Pedy... and on to Uluru (Ayers Rock). I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the rock... Magic.. So many stories to tell, and share.. but for now that's it. Have a great Wednesday :))

Travel rug..of many colours.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Pat, your rugs are beautiful. I love the border on the top one - will have to get that pattern from you one day !! :)

glor said...

Love the rugs, they are beautiful. Your granddaughter will just love it! I especially love the colors of the travel rug and what a way to record your trip. Can't wait to see what your next project is. Have an absolutely wonderful day.