Monday, September 27, 2010

Crazy patchwork hearts

 First crazy patchwork heart quilt..

Heart with crochet lady.

new stitches and material.

another crochet lady


The Spider .

adding other embellishments
I joined a group of ladies on the net a couple of years ago who came together to create and share their love of crazy patchwork.. It turned out to be a blessing for me, as I was looking for another direction in my journey of craft experiences.........I was never one to jump into a new fad, it always has taken it's time to create a sense of urgency in me.

 I was taught many different skills from my Mother who was so patient and loving in her teaching of different arts she had learnt in her life time...
From millinery, dressmaking, crochet ,knitting,and fancy work(embroidery).. The strongest of these of course is crochet.....But every now and again, I like to revert back to sewing...
So I thought I would share with you a few pics of the first quilt and later I will add more of the hearts and blocks I have created with a little help from my  Christina.
Thanks for stopping by, I would love it if you would leave me a message:))

7 comments:

hooksandyarns said...

Beautiful quilt. :)

Dorothy said...

Lovely quilt Pat. You certainly are a woman of many talents !! I always think its lovely for a mother to pass on her skills. Unfortunately my mother wasn't interested in crochet/knitting so I had to rely on others to teach me. My mother did do beautiful embroidery but that really didn't interest me. Nice idea to incorporate the crochet into your quilt.

Faith said...

What a lovely post about your mom...that is so special, what a wonderful blessing. These are ever so lovely, very pretty work. I like the introduction of the crochet into another medium..so unique.

glor said...

The quilt is so pretty! I'm thinking I need to learn quilting. Keep inpsiring me!

Killiecrankie Farm said...

My mum taught me to knit, sew and crochet - I'm so glad she did - where would I be without it !
Your crazy hearts are great - there is so much work in every little piece, it must take you an age to finish them.
The orchid show looked great - I forgot it was on :(
Ben Lomond is covered in snow - that explains the cold up here !

Sue Taylor NeedleArt said...

Pat

Your site and quilts are delightful and very inspiring. I live in Melbourne and love to do crazy patchwork too and like you love to share my crafts. Somewhere I have a whole stack of those crocheted ladies and I hadnt thought of using them in my work. Thank you for the idea

Sue T

Unknown said...

Thankyou ladies :))